Friday, September 19, 2008

Thurs/Friday

Ok - so I sat the kids down and we talked about food and what happens to it when it goes into our body - and then what happens when our kids eat it - they then say down and watched the Sue Dengate DVD - and found what is actually IN chicken nuggets (Declan came up to me and said is a hushed whisper ... " Muuuum ..... they use chicken balls!" So we did a little survey and guess how many of them want to eat nuggets next time we go to macdonalds ?? NONE !!
Declan then went through the pantry and got out all of the foods and drink that we are no longer allowed to eat ... he did a really good job and he wants to write his own diet diary.
I must admit that we haven't gone complete elimination - times are tough and it isn't a cheap diet and I do still have so much in my cupboard that can be used ....
I know it is bad but I don't know what else to do ? I wish I could give the kids everything they need and deserve but you can only do so much - and we can only really afford mince which really limits our dinner choices.
I have decided on yet another schooling approach - I hope that the kids adjust along with me - my stress levels are though the roof and I tend to take it out on them - I don't feel like the best home schooling mummy at them moment. I am going to 'restart' on Monday and plan to blog more so I have at least a show to myself how much I am doing.
Well my house is a mess - so I am off to go and work on that for the afternoon.

No comments: